Sunset Beach Boat Launch Terms and Conditions
(Please type your initials beside each statement to confirm you have read and understand the terms of the same, and agree to be bound by these terms).
CLEAN and inspect the watercraft, trailer, equipment and all gear that made contact with the water
- Remove all visible plants, animals and mud. Scrub/scrape grainy surfaces that feel like sandpaper, as this could be young mussels too small to see.
- Wash, scrub or rinse using high pressure, hot tap water preferably 50oC (120 oF) – away from storm drains, ditches and waterways.
- Inspect the watercraft, trailer and vehicle.
- DRAIN all on-board water from the motor, livewell, bilge, and ballast tanks.
- Flush with hot tap water away from storm drains, ditches and waterways. Then leave plugs out during transport and storage.
- DRY your watercraft, equipment and all related gear completely, preferably for at least five days while leaving compartments open to dry.
- DISPOSE of all unwanted bait in the trash. Never release leftover leeches or crayfish, aquarium pets, plants or water into our lakes, rivers or wetlands.
- Report any sightings to the nearest Ministry of Environment office or call the TIP Line 1-800-667-7561.